ONE OF THE MAIN DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF ADOPTMATCH is our selectivity. Not just anyone can sign up on AdoptMatch. Adoptive Families who want to post their profile on AdoptMatch are required to confirm they are working with an AdoptMatch-Approved Professional committed to AdoptMatch’s Guiding Principles. Expectant Parents can be confident that any family they meet on AdoptMatch is committed Best Practices in Adoption and is working with an Adoption Professional who shares their commitment.
Becoming an Approved Adoption Professional with AdoptMatch is completely free and the five step vetting process is easy.
01. Confirm that you are a licensed attorney who is knowledgable and experienced in the field of adoption OR a licensed adoption agency.
02. Confirm your agreement with AdoptMatch's Guiding Principles
We believe adoption works best when...
- There is transparency between all of the parties involved.
- Expectant Mothers are offered separate legal representation.
- There is open dialogue about a specific plan for post-adoption contact between Expectant Parents and Adoptive Parents.
- Expectant Mothers receive the support necessary to ensure a healthy pregnancy, delivery and post-placement recovery.
- Expectant Mothers are committed to consistent prenatal care and a substance-free lifestyle during pregnancy.
- Adoption Professionals are reasonably compensated for their services, but do not charge excessive fees.
03. Confirm your agreement with our Statement of Understanding
I understand that AdoptMatch does not screen Expectant Parents and it is the responsibility of the Adoption Professional to screen all Expectant Parents presented to me by AdoptMatch.
I agree to contact (via email or text) each Expectant Parent who submits a Request for More Information regarding one of our Adoptive Families within two (2) business days.
Before asking an Expectant Parent to complete intake paperwork, I will provide her with the complete profile of the Adoptive Family in which she has expressed interest.
As soon as is reasonably practical, and early in the matching process, we will provide an Expectant Parent with access to separate legal representation.
I understand that an Expectant Parent may submit a Request for More Information about multiple Adoptive Families at the same time and that by doing so she is not making a commitment to match with a particular Adoptive Family or to match through a particular Adoption Professional. Upon request, AdoptMatch will provide me with the number of Requests for More Information submitted by a particular Expectant Parent.